Уровень сложности теста: высший (Advanced).
В каждом вопросе выберите правильный вариант ответа.
1. Don't worry about a thing. You'll feel better ___ no time. You look better already and the flu doesn't usually last more than a couple of days.
2. What are you ___ such a hurry for? You need to slow down because people make a lot of mistakes when they rush.
3. ___ of respect for your mother, I'm going to leave now before I get angry and say something I will certainly regret.
4. Simon is ___ a lot of stress at the moment. His wife left and he just lost his job.
5. I want everyone to be ready to go by 7 am because I want to be ___ the road by 7:30 at the latest. I want to get a good start on this road trip so we can arrive at our destination before dark.
6. Norman is ___ a lot of pressure at work. He's responsible for planning the upcoming seminar as well as his regular duties.
7. I originally thought it was a bad idea. However, ___ second thought, you may have a point, so let's discuss your plan more over dinner.
8. The provincial nurses' union went ___ strike again. It seems like they strike for more money every other year.
9. As his big brother, you owe it to him to keep him ___ your protection during his first year of high school.
10. Don't worry. I have forgiven you for not showing up for dinner. It is water ___ the bridge.
© 2011-2019 CorrectEnglish.ru. При копировании информации действующая гиперссылка на сайт обязательна.Изучение английского языка онлайн.