Из предложенных вариантов в каждом вопросе выберите тот, который ближе всего по смыслу подходит к выделенному жирным шрифтом участку предложения.
1. The audience held their breath as the magician started to saw a woman half.
2. My advice to you is to make your mind up before it's too late and simply go for it.
3. It was late at night, the wind was howling and when she heard the knock on the door, she almost jumped out of her skin.
4. I'd appreciate that. Go on, I'm all ears.
5. No, not really except she did get angry sometimes but her bark was worse than her bite.
6. Tom told Andrea that giant turtles had escaped from the city zoo and were eating only left-handed people. It wasn't until she saw the smirk on his face that Andrea noticed he was just pulling her leg.
7. This last year, my company has made money hand over fist!
8. If I had a chance to go to Paris, I would make the most of it.
9. Charity made a scene at the club when she saw her boyfriend dancing with another girl.
10. So, George... Have you made up your mind where you want to go for your internship?
11. Now it makes sense to me why you moved out of that house.
12. Ana finally made it. She is an excellent doctor.
13. Mom, can you tell Todd to stop making fun of me?
14. I just want to stay at home and watch television and take it easy.
15. You'll never see your money again because I'm afraid he's gone for good.
16. If you think I'm going to parachute out of a plane for fun, you must be out of your mind.
17. My only advice to Charlie was to keep his chin up and stop worrying.
18. Forget it, that's water under the bridge now.
19. He is like a fish out of water whenever he goes to a party.
20. Since she won the lottery last week she's been feeling on top of the world.
© 2011-2020 CorrectEnglish.ru. При копировании информации действующая гиперссылка на сайт обязательна.Изучение английского языка онлайн.