Из предложенных вариантов в каждом вопросе выберите тот, который ближе всего по смыслу подходит к выделенному жирным шрифтом участку предложения.
1. You shouldn't worry about the exam because you have prepared well and you'll probably find it a piece of cake.
2. I prefer to talk to people face to face rather than to talk on the phone.
3. I simply can't stand sugar in my tea or coffee.
4. I think the time has now come when we'll simply have to call it a day.
5. If you really want to come out of this without too much damage, my advice is to play dumb.
6. I'd appreciate that. Go on, I'm all ears.
7. I made it absolutely clear that he could on no account expect a pay rise this year.
8. No, not really except she did get angry sometimes but her bark was worse than her bite.
9. By the way are you thinking of going on holiday?
10. Jane Williams is a very good investigative reporter, you've got to hand it to her.
11. Learning a foreign language goes hand in hand with International Business.
12. Everybody thought Jane and Elliot were a happy couple, but it was all just make believe.
13. If I had a chance to go to Paris, I would make the most of it.
14. Charity made a scene at the club when she saw her boyfriend dancing with another girl.
15. So, George... Have you made up your mind where you want to go for your internship?
16. We don't have enough money for a car so we make do with bicycles.
17. Considering they are over 70 years old, you must admit they are in good shape.
18. What I really have in mind is a garden where there is very little to look after throughout the year.
19. It's surprising how few people knew that Charlie was having money problems but I suppose it was because he had kept it to himself.
20. When he confided in me, I promised Charlie that I wouldn't tell anybody about it and until now I have kept my word.
© 2011-2019 CorrectEnglish.ru. При копировании информации действующая гиперссылка на сайт обязательна.Изучение английского языка онлайн.