Из предложенных вариантов в каждом вопросе выберите тот, который ближе всего по смыслу подходит к выделенному жирным шрифтом участку предложения.
1. As she is new to the job I would ask you to keep an eye on her for the time being.
2. I simply can't stand sugar in my tea or coffee.
3. Yes, we went away on holiday last week but it rained day in, day out.
4. I can't understand why he doesn't take the hint.
5. If you really want to come out of this without too much damage, my advice is to play dumb.
6. The audience held their breath as the magician started to saw a woman half.
7. Don't wait for me because I can't come yet so you go ahead and I'll join you later.
8. I'd appreciate that. Go on, I'm all ears.
9. You'll just have to make a decision. You can't have it both ways.
10. My dream of having my own house has finally come true.
11. This last year, my company has made money hand over fist!
12. Considering they are over 70 years old, you must admit they are in good shape.
13. What I really have in mind is a garden where there is very little to look after throughout the year.
14. It's surprising how few people knew that Charlie was having money problems but I suppose it was because he had kept it to himself.
15. My only advice to Charlie was to keep his chin up and stop worrying.
16. I shouldn't go outside without a raincoat because it's raining cats and dogs.
17. When the business folded, he took the lion's share of the assets.
18. I take my hat off to all those people who worked hard to get the contract.
19. Forget it, that's water under the bridge now.
20. Since she won the lottery last week she's been feeling on top of the world.
© 2011-2020 CorrectEnglish.ru. При копировании информации действующая гиперссылка на сайт обязательна.Изучение английского языка онлайн.