Из предложенных вариантов в каждом вопросе выберите тот, который ближе всего по смыслу подходит к выделенному жирным шрифтом участку предложения.
1. I prefer to talk to people face to face rather than to talk on the phone.
2. Yes, we went away on holiday last week but it rained day in, day out.
3. I can't understand why he doesn't take the hint.
4. My advice to you is to make your mind up before it's too late and simply go for it.
5. It was late at night, the wind was howling and when she heard the knock on the door, she almost jumped out of her skin.
6. No matter how smoothly things are running, you can always rely on Charlie to rock the boat.
7. No, not really except she did get angry sometimes but her bark was worse than her bite.
8. My dream of having my own house has finally come true.
9. This last year, my company has made money hand over fist!
10. Jane Williams is a very good investigative reporter, you've got to hand it to her.
11. Ana finally made it. She is an excellent doctor.
12. You'll never see your money again because I'm afraid he's gone for good.
13. They're very generous in that museum — not only is the entrance fee reasonable but they give you a brochure for free.
14. When he confided in me, I promised Charlie that I wouldn't tell anybody about it and until now I have kept my word.
15. My only advice to Charlie was to keep his chin up and stop worrying.
16. When the business folded, he took the lion's share of the assets.
17. Some of you worked on until the small hours to make it a successful project.
18. Forget it, that's water under the bridge now.
19. You must realize the gravity of the situation because you are in deep water now.
20. He is like a fish out of water whenever he goes to a party.
© 2011-2020 CorrectEnglish.ru. При копировании информации действующая гиперссылка на сайт обязательна.Изучение английского языка онлайн.