Из предложенных вариантов в каждом вопросе выберите тот, который ближе всего по смыслу подходит к выделенному жирным шрифтом участку предложения.
1. If you really want to come out of this without too much damage, my advice is to play dumb.
2. The audience held their breath as the magician started to saw a woman half.
3. My advice to you is to make your mind up before it's too late and simply go for it.
4. I'd appreciate that. Go on, I'm all ears.
5. Tom told Andrea that giant turtles had escaped from the city zoo and were eating only left-handed people. It wasn't until she saw the smirk on his face that Andrea noticed he was just pulling her leg.
6. This last year, my company has made money hand over fist!
7. Jane Williams is a very good investigative reporter, you've got to hand it to her.
8. If I had a chance to go to Paris, I would make the most of it.
9. Charity made a scene at the club when she saw her boyfriend dancing with another girl.
10. Mom, can you tell Todd to stop making fun of me?
11. He kept saying he didn't do it but in the end he said he had done it.
12. I just want to stay at home and watch television and take it easy.
13. You'll never see your money again because I'm afraid he's gone for good.
14. They're very generous in that museum — not only is the entrance fee reasonable but they give you a brochure for free.
15. They decided to move away from the city to the countryside for the sake of the children.
16. They tried in vain to save enough money to buy a house and so finally they rented one.
17. I shouldn't go outside without a raincoat because it's raining cats and dogs.
18. Some of you worked on until the small hours to make it a successful project.
19. He is like a fish out of water whenever he goes to a party.
20. Since she won the lottery last week she's been feeling on top of the world.
© 2011-2019 CorrectEnglish.ru. При копировании информации действующая гиперссылка на сайт обязательна.Изучение английского языка онлайн.