Из предложенных вариантов в каждом вопросе выберите тот, который ближе всего по смыслу подходит к выделенному жирным шрифтом участку предложения.
1. Yes, we went away on holiday last week but it rained day in, day out.
2. Don't wait for me because I can't come yet so you go ahead and I'll join you later.
3. I'd appreciate that. Go on, I'm all ears.
4. No matter how smoothly things are running, you can always rely on Charlie to rock the boat.
5. As your house is on our way, we'll give you a lift home if you like.
6. You'll just have to make a decision. You can't have it both ways.
7. I need to come to terms with myself.
8. We need to do something about it! This situation is getting out of hand!
9. Mom, can you tell Todd to stop making fun of me?
10. He kept saying he didn't do it but in the end he said he had done it.
11. I just want to stay at home and watch television and take it easy.
12. They tried in vain to save enough money to buy a house and so finally they rented one.
13. I love you from the bottom of my heart.
14. It's surprising how few people knew that Charlie was having money problems but I suppose it was because he had kept it to himself.
15. When he confided in me, I promised Charlie that I wouldn't tell anybody about it and until now I have kept my word.
16. I take my hat off to all those people who worked hard to get the contract.
17. Some of you worked on until the small hours to make it a successful project.
18. Forget it, that's water under the bridge now.
19. He is like a fish out of water whenever he goes to a party.
20. Since she won the lottery last week she's been feeling on top of the world.
© 2011-2021 CorrectEnglish.ru. При копировании информации действующая гиперссылка на сайт обязательна.Изучение английского языка онлайн.