Из предложенных вариантов в каждом вопросе выберите тот, который ближе всего по смыслу подходит к выделенному жирным шрифтом участку предложения.
1. I simply can't stand sugar in my tea or coffee.
2. I can't understand why he doesn't take the hint.
3. In the end she lost her temper and told her daughter to hold her tongue.
4. My advice to you is to make your mind up before it's too late and simply go for it.
5. It was late at night, the wind was howling and when she heard the knock on the door, she almost jumped out of her skin.
6. As your house is on our way, we'll give you a lift home if you like.
7. I need to come to terms with myself.
8. We need to do something about it! This situation is getting out of hand!
9. This last year, my company has made money hand over fist!
10. Jane Williams is a very good investigative reporter, you've got to hand it to her.
11. Ana finally made it. She is an excellent doctor.
12. Mom, can you tell Todd to stop making fun of me?
13. I just want to stay at home and watch television and take it easy.
14. You'll never see your money again because I'm afraid he's gone for good.
15. They decided to move away from the city to the countryside for the sake of the children.
16. Considering they are over 70 years old, you must admit they are in good shape.
17. My only advice to Charlie was to keep his chin up and stop worrying.
18. I shouldn't go outside without a raincoat because it's raining cats and dogs.
19. Some of you worked on until the small hours to make it a successful project.
20. He is like a fish out of water whenever he goes to a party.
© 2011-2017 CorrectEnglish.ru. При копировании информации действующая гиперссылка на сайт обязательна.Изучение английского языка онлайн.