Из предложенных вариантов в каждом вопросе выберите тот, который ближе всего по смыслу подходит к выделенному жирным шрифтом участку предложения.
1. I prefer to talk to people face to face rather than to talk on the phone.
2. I simply can't stand sugar in my tea or coffee.
3. I think the time has now come when we'll simply have to call it a day.
4. I can't understand why he doesn't take the hint.
5. My advice to you is to make your mind up before it's too late and simply go for it.
6. It was late at night, the wind was howling and when she heard the knock on the door, she almost jumped out of her skin.
7. I'd appreciate that. Go on, I'm all ears.
8. No matter how smoothly things are running, you can always rely on Charlie to rock the boat.
9. As your house is on our way, we'll give you a lift home if you like.
10. You'll just have to make a decision. You can't have it both ways.
11. Tom told Andrea that giant turtles had escaped from the city zoo and were eating only left-handed people. It wasn't until she saw the smirk on his face that Andrea noticed he was just pulling her leg.
12. This last year, my company has made money hand over fist!
13. Jane Williams is a very good investigative reporter, you've got to hand it to her.
14. If I had a chance to go to Paris, I would make the most of it.
15. Mom, can you tell Todd to stop making fun of me?
16. It's surprising how few people knew that Charlie was having money problems but I suppose it was because he had kept it to himself.
17. My only advice to Charlie was to keep his chin up and stop worrying.
18. I take my hat off to all those people who worked hard to get the contract.
19. Some of you worked on until the small hours to make it a successful project.
20. He is like a fish out of water whenever he goes to a party.
© 2011-2018 CorrectEnglish.ru. При копировании информации действующая гиперссылка на сайт обязательна.Изучение английского языка онлайн.