Из предложенных вариантов в каждом вопросе выберите тот, который ближе всего по смыслу подходит к выделенному жирным шрифтом участку предложения.
1. You shouldn't worry about the exam because you have prepared well and you'll probably find it a piece of cake.
2. I prefer to talk to people face to face rather than to talk on the phone.
3. As she is new to the job I would ask you to keep an eye on her for the time being.
4. Yes, we went away on holiday last week but it rained day in, day out.
5. If you really want to come out of this without too much damage, my advice is to play dumb.
6. The audience held their breath as the magician started to saw a woman half.
7. Don't wait for me because I can't come yet so you go ahead and I'll join you later.
8. It was late at night, the wind was howling and when she heard the knock on the door, she almost jumped out of her skin.
9. No matter how smoothly things are running, you can always rely on Charlie to rock the boat.
10. I need to come to terms with myself.
11. We need to do something about it! This situation is getting out of hand!
12. The beginning of a new generation of computer software is at hand.
13. Jane Williams is a very good investigative reporter, you've got to hand it to her.
14. I've been working hard for the last few months trying to make ends meet, but something I'm not even expecting always comes up and I have to pay for it.
15. They're very generous in that museum — not only is the entrance fee reasonable but they give you a brochure for free.
16. They tried in vain to save enough money to buy a house and so finally they rented one.
17. What I really have in mind is a garden where there is very little to look after throughout the year.
18. I love you from the bottom of my heart.
19. My only advice to Charlie was to keep his chin up and stop worrying.
20. When the business folded, he took the lion's share of the assets.
© 2011-2022 CorrectEnglish.ru. При копировании информации действующая гиперссылка на сайт обязательна.Изучение английского языка онлайн.