Из предложенных вариантов в каждом вопросе выберите тот, который ближе всего по смыслу подходит к выделенному жирным шрифтом участку предложения.
1. You shouldn't worry about the exam because you have prepared well and you'll probably find it a piece of cake.
2. Yes, we went away on holiday last week but it rained day in, day out.
3. I think the time has now come when we'll simply have to call it a day.
4. The audience held their breath as the magician started to saw a woman half.
5. Don't wait for me because I can't come yet so you go ahead and I'll join you later.
6. I'd appreciate that. Go on, I'm all ears.
7. No matter how smoothly things are running, you can always rely on Charlie to rock the boat.
8. No, not really except she did get angry sometimes but her bark was worse than her bite.
9. By the way are you thinking of going on holiday?
10. You'll just have to make a decision. You can't have it both ways.
11. My dream of having my own house has finally come true.
12. I need to come to terms with myself.
13. Jane Williams is a very good investigative reporter, you've got to hand it to her.
14. Charity made a scene at the club when she saw her boyfriend dancing with another girl.
15. They decided to move away from the city to the countryside for the sake of the children.
16. Considering they are over 70 years old, you must admit they are in good shape.
17. I take my hat off to all those people who worked hard to get the contract.
18. Some of you worked on until the small hours to make it a successful project.
19. Forget it, that's water under the bridge now.
20. He is like a fish out of water whenever he goes to a party.
© 2011-2019 CorrectEnglish.ru. При копировании информации действующая гиперссылка на сайт обязательна.Изучение английского языка онлайн.