Из предложенных вариантов в каждом вопросе выберите тот, который ближе всего по смыслу подходит к выделенному жирным шрифтом участку предложения.
1. As she is new to the job I would ask you to keep an eye on her for the time being.
2. I simply can't stand sugar in my tea or coffee.
3. Don't worry, we pride ourselves on being helpful to all our customers and getting that booked for you is all in a day's work for us.
4. Yes, we went away on holiday last week but it rained day in, day out.
5. I think the time has now come when we'll simply have to call it a day.
6. If you really want to come out of this without too much damage, my advice is to play dumb.
7. I made it absolutely clear that he could on no account expect a pay rise this year.
8. As your house is on our way, we'll give you a lift home if you like.
9. My dream of having my own house has finally come true.
10. We need to do something about it! This situation is getting out of hand!
11. The beginning of a new generation of computer software is at hand.
12. Learning a foreign language goes hand in hand with International Business.
13. I've been working hard for the last few months trying to make ends meet, but something I'm not even expecting always comes up and I have to pay for it.
14. If I had a chance to go to Paris, I would make the most of it.
15. So, George... Have you made up your mind where you want to go for your internship?
16. They're very generous in that museum — not only is the entrance fee reasonable but they give you a brochure for free.
17. I love you from the bottom of my heart.
18. When the business folded, he took the lion's share of the assets.
19. Some of you worked on until the small hours to make it a successful project.
20. Since she won the lottery last week she's been feeling on top of the world.
© 2011-2018 CorrectEnglish.ru. При копировании информации действующая гиперссылка на сайт обязательна.Изучение английского языка онлайн.