Из предложенных вариантов в каждом вопросе выберите тот, который ближе всего по смыслу подходит к выделенному жирным шрифтом участку предложения.
1. I prefer to talk to people face to face rather than to talk on the phone.
2. As she is new to the job I would ask you to keep an eye on her for the time being.
3. Yes, we went away on holiday last week but it rained day in, day out.
4. My advice to you is to make your mind up before it's too late and simply go for it.
5. I'd appreciate that. Go on, I'm all ears.
6. No matter how smoothly things are running, you can always rely on Charlie to rock the boat.
7. By the way are you thinking of going on holiday?
8. As your house is on our way, we'll give you a lift home if you like.
9. We need to do something about it! This situation is getting out of hand!
10. Everybody thought Jane and Elliot were a happy couple, but it was all just make believe.
11. If I had a chance to go to Paris, I would make the most of it.
12. So, George... Have you made up your mind where you want to go for your internship?
13. Now it makes sense to me why you moved out of that house.
14. Ana finally made it. She is an excellent doctor.
15. Mom, can you tell Todd to stop making fun of me?
16. They tried in vain to save enough money to buy a house and so finally they rented one.
17. I love you from the bottom of my heart.
18. I take my hat off to all those people who worked hard to get the contract.
19. Forget it, that's water under the bridge now.
20. You must realize the gravity of the situation because you are in deep water now.
© 2011-2019 CorrectEnglish.ru. При копировании информации действующая гиперссылка на сайт обязательна.Изучение английского языка онлайн.